How to use the bookmark bar on the iPad and iPhone.
Have you really explored and the gotten the most out of that bookmark bar at the top of your iPad or iPhone? Well here are a few quick iPad and iPhone tips that will you have you using that bookmark bar more a lot often than you do now.
1. How to add a bookmark on your iPhone or iPad?
- Click on the ‘Share’ Button in the upper right hand corner on your iPad or the bottom of your iPhone.,
- Next click on the ‘Add Bookmark’ icon
- Choose your ‘location’ and simply hit save and this will add the icon to your bookmark or favorites page!
2. How to delete a favorites or bookmark icon on your iPhone or iPad?
[Tweet “How to delete a favorites or bookmark icon on your iPhone or iPad”]
- Click the bookmarks tab in the top right-hand corner of your iPad and at the bottom of the screen on your iPhone.
- Next, select favorites
- Click the edit button and that will open up the option to delete one of your favorite apps by clicking on the red circle on the left-hand side of the app.
- Next, just click the delete button and you’re done!
- Another way is to select favorites and simply slide to the left on any website bookmark that you want to remove and just click ‘Delete’.
What else can you do from your iPad or iPhone’s bookmark bar? Well I’m glad you asked….
You can send emails as well as share interesting stories that you find on the internet directly to Facebook and Twitter right from your iPad or iPhone!
4. How to send an email from Safari on iPhone or iPad
[Tweet “How to send an email from Safari on iPhone or iPad”]
Let’s say you’re browsing the web and you come across a very interesting article and you know your best friend would just get a kick out of it.
You can email that article right from Safari by tapping the ‘Share’ button and clicking on the ‘Mail’ icon.
Use these same steps to share to Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites, once you are on the page you want to share just click the appropriate icon.
5. How to create a custom reading list on iPhone or iPad
[Tweet “How to create a custom reading list on iPhone or iPad”]
Did you know that you can create your own custom reading list from the web while using your iPad or iPhone? Well you can and it will allow you to save an article and read it at later even without an internet connection!
- Once you’re on the article you want to save for later reading, just click the ‘Share’ icon.
- Then click on the ‘eye glasses’ icon to add to reading list
- When you are ready to read that article later, click the ‘bookmark’ icon
- Next click on the ‘eye glasses’ and your article will be there.
6. Create a shortcut and add one of your favorite website links to your iPhone home screen
- Start by clickcing the ‘Share’ icon by tapping the copy icon
- Click on the add ‘+’ sign to add a shortcut to your home screen
- Next click ‘add’
- Now you will have an icon on your home screen that will take you right to that page when you click on it!
You can also use the bookmark bar on your iPad or iPhone to print wirelessly and use the iCloud’s tab to look at open tabs on your other iDevices!
Hope this helps you start exploring that iPad and iPhone bookmark bar, let me know if you find yourself using it more than you used to!